All businesses are in need of regular legal advice, but many businesses are not in a position to hire full time in-house general counsel. Outside general counsel can bridge the gap between a business’s continuous need for legal services and the needs of the company’s budget.
What is Outside General Counsel?
Hiring outside general counsel is often a smart move for most businesses. Once plugged into the client’s everyday business operations, having outside general counsel available to discuss legal issues that require a quick response can greatly increase efficiencies. Outside general counsel are also in a position to proactively identify and address legal issues that executives and management may not be aware of, given the need to focus on running the business.
Outside General Counsel Services
Hank Fasthoff has acted as outside general counsel for small businesses and high net worth individuals for more than 23 years. The types of services he provides as outside general counsel include:
- Business entity selection and formation
- Drafting of operating agreements, partnership agreements and shareholder agreements
- Preparation of board resolutions
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements and licenses
- Coordinating with and overseeing other counsel practicing in certain legal specialties
- Coordinating legal affairs with financial advisors, business managers, estate planners, real estate brokers, tax advisors, insurance agents and family offices
- Preparation of employee handbooks and policies
- Advice regarding general employment matters
- Drafting of professional services and consulting agreements
- Drafting employment contracts and independent contractor agreements
- Filing trademark applications, copyright applications and handling other intellectual property matters
- Interfacing with state and federal agencies on legal matters
- Technology transfers for export control compliance
- Strategic advice
- Handling legal issues involving the client’s online business presence
In Depth Experience and Legal Knowledge
With more than 23 years of experience representing clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to celebrities to small business owners and entrepreneurs, the Fasthoff Law Firm provides outside general counsel services to businesses and high net worth individuals. Contact the firm now to learn how we can assist you.
Some of the clients for whom Hank has provided representation and legal services include:
Contact the Fasthoff Law Firm Today
Contact the Fasthoff Law Firm, a firm that provides outside general counsel services in Houston and outside general counsel services in The Woodlands, to learn more about how the firm can assist you.
Hank is AV-rated (highest) by Martindale-Hubbell, is a Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney by Texas Super Lawyers®, was ranked for five consecutive years as a Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Star in the fields of Entertainment and Intellectual Property, and has been ranked from 2013-present by US News & World Reports’ Best Lawyers® Litigation – Intellectual Property Litigation.