No business wants to deal with having to collect delinquent accounts, but collecting unpaid debts is often an unavoidable cost of doing business. Whether a customer has failed to pay on an open account, a promissory note, a line of credit or simply breached a contract and refused to pay for goods or services provided, we can help. With more 250 commercial collections law cases under our belt, our experienced commercial collections attorneys can effectively represent your business in its efforts to obtain payment for what is owed.
Enforcing Your Right to Receive Payment under Texas Collections Law
Dealing with unpaid debts is an often unpleasant reality of running a business. The most common types of situations where businesses need to resort to the legal system to collect unpaid debts include:
- Breach of promissory notes
- Failure to pay for goods or services rendered on an open account
- Failure to pay on a line of credit
- Breach of finance leases or rental agreements
It’s important to be aware of the limitations on the types of demands for payment that can be made, as well as the types of demands that must be avoided. If you have made attempts to collect money that your business is owed and those attempts have failed, we recommend that you contact our Houston collections attorneys and The Woodlands and collections attorneys in Houston so that we can explain and enforce your business’s rights. We understand Texas collections laws and your rights under them, and will enforce your right to receive payment for what’s due. Some of matters we’ve handled include:
- Arrest and seizure of marine vessels on behalf of financial services client, and foreclosure of client’s preferred ship mortgage to collect the unpaid debts
- Collection actions on behalf of financial services clients to recover debts owed on industrial machinery, motor coaches, and other vehicles and equipment
- Enforcement of clients rights to collect unpaid rentals for use of commercial and industrial heavy equipment used in construction projects
- Representation of materials suppliers in more than 200 cases where the client’s customers failed to pay for goods and services sold to the customers
In Depth Experience and Legal Knowledge
With more than 23 years of experience representing clients needing to collect commercial debts in Texas, the Fasthoff Law Firm has had success in collecting hundreds of unpaid debts and satisfying judgments for judgment creditors. Feel free to contact the firm now to discuss how we may be able to assist you and your business.
Some of the clients for whom Hank has provided representation and legal services include:
Contact the Fasthoff Law Firm Today
If you need assistance collecting a commercial debt or satisfying a judgment in Houston, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Pearland or anywhere else in Texas, contact the Fasthoff Law Firm post-judgment collections attorneys and commercial collections attorneys who can assist.
Hank is AV-rated (highest) by Martindale-Hubbell, is a Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney by Texas Super Lawyers®, was ranked for five consecutive years as a Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Star in the fields of Entertainment and Intellectual Property, and has been ranked from 2013-present by US News & World Reports’ Best Lawyers® Litigation – Intellectual Property Litigation.