The development, acquisition, commercialization and protection of trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets and other intellectual property is vital to the success of most businesses. In 2016, the aggregate value of the world’s Top 10 most valuable brands was more than $750 billion, according to Interbrand, with Apple leading at a value of $178 billion. And that’s just the value of those companies’ trademarks; those values do not include patents and copyrights.
Hank is well-versed in advising and counseling clients on intellectual property issues in a diverse array of industries, including automotive, aviation, broadcasting, construction, energy, entertainment, healthcare, sports, technology and telecommunications, among others.
Intellectual Property Law Services
Below is a sample list of the advice, counseling and transactional intellectual property law services we provide to protect various forms of intellectual property:
- Negotiation and drafting of licensing agreements, distribution agreements, and transfers/assignments
- Advising clients on the legal aspects of commercializing copyrights, trademarks and patents
- Advising clients on the availability of proposed trademarks
- Preparation, filing and prosecution of trademark applications to obtain trademark registrations
- Advising clients on rights of publicity issues
- Pre-publication content review of websites, sound recordings, motion pictures, books, and other works to identify potential copyright infringement, trademark infringement, rights of publicity and defamation issues
- Counseling clients with respect to termination rights under the Copyright Act
- Obtaining copyright registrations for musical works, sound recordings, audiovisual works, screenplays, artwork, photographs, software, books, architectural plans and other works
- Drafting of employment agreements and independent contractor agreements
- Drafting and recording of intellectual property assignments
- Negotiation and drafting of nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements to protect various forms of copyrightable material, trade secrets, inventions, know-how, and the like
- Drafting of endorsement deals and licensing agreements granting rights to use the names, image, voice, likeness or other personal attributes of celebrities, professional athletes and other personalities
In Depth Experience and Legal Knowledge
With more than 23 years of experience representing clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to celebrities to small business owners and entrepreneurs, the Fasthoff Law Firm is able to guide clients through the subtle and nuanced world of intellectual property rights. Feel free to contact the firm now to learn how we can assist you and your business.
Some of the clients for whom Hank has provided representation and legal services include:
Contact the Fasthoff Law Firm Today
The Fasthoff Law Firm is able to assist clients from around the United States as well as foreign countries doing business in the United States. Contact the Fasthoff Law Firm, an intellectual property law firm with offices in Houston and The Woodlands, to learn more about how your intellectual property rights can be protected so as to help maximize their value in your business.
Hank is AV-rated (highest) by Martindale-Hubbell, is a Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney by Texas Super Lawyers®, was ranked for five consecutive years as a Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Star in the fields of Entertainment and Intellectual Property, and has been ranked from 2013-present by US News & World Reports’ Best Lawyers® Litigation – Intellectual Property Litigation.