We know how important your business’ well being is to you, and that is why we make your best interests our top priority. We represent businesses ranging in size from some of the largest Fortune 500 companies, to established small and mid-size businesses, to startups and entrepreneurs across a variety of industries.
We understand that each type of business—as well each individual business—has unique needs and concerns when facing a business dispute. If you are looking for an experienced, successful business litigation attorney to provide representation that you can trust, contact our Houston business litigation attorneys and The Woodlands business litigation attorneys today.
Guiding Your Business Through Tough Legal Situations
We understand the delicacy of your situation, and understand that your business is looking for a quiet, quick and effective resolution to the legal issues it faces. Our talented team is well-versed in these business litigation practice areas:
- Breach of contract litigation;
- Shareholder disputes;
- Business torts;
- Software and technology litigation
- Intellectual property litigation;
- Real estate litigation; and
- Non-compete and other employment agreement issues
This is not an exclusive list of the types of matters we handle, as we represent businesses facing myriad legal issues both in and out of the courtroom.
A Common Sense Approach to Dispute Resolution
We believe that pre-litigation dispute resolution is preferable to litigation. We do our best to settle disputes without having to involve the legal system. It’s important to remember, though, that every resolution requires the cooperation of the other parties to the dispute and, unfortunately, some folks just don’t think clearly and objectively at the outset of a dispute, allowing pride and ego to serve as impenetrable roadblocks to settlement. When that happens, it becomes necessary to resort to the courtroom in order to obtain a just resolution. We will represent your business during dispute resolution negotiations and any required pre-litigation mediation and, if those talks fail, our business litigation attorneys are ready, willing and able to litigate on your behalf.
Reasons to Work with the Fasthoff Law Firm
Over the last 23 years as a business litigation attorney, Hank Fasthoff has litigated nearly 600 cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, and has quietly handled dozens more matters that never saw the light of a courtroom due to the implementation of successful pre-litigation tactics and strategies. Some of his cases have involved high profile clients in high profile public matters, but when the situation demands it, Hank has a successful track record of resolving matters discreetly and keeping the client out of the public eye. Some representative matters include:
- Won summary judgment for Beyoncé, her record label, publisher and co-writers of her Grammy Award-winning song “Baby Boy,” a case that was affirmed on appeal
- In a rare case involving the extraterritorial application of the Lanham Act, obtained a permanent injunction for a client in the aviation industry whose former president started competing domestic and foreign companies using the client’s trademarks, trade dress, and trade secrets
- Obtained confidential settlement in favor of a small publicly traded exploration and production company against one of the world’s largest oilfield services companies in action involving certain wells in the Niobrara and Bakken Formations in Wyoming and Montana
- Secured the transfer of hundreds of infringing domain names for celebrities, professional athletes, athletics coaches, Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and other trademark owners
- In 11 of the 476 Bridgeport Music cases, obtained the dismissal of music publisher client in a copyright infringement case filed in Tennessee involving claims of music sampling, a case which was affirmed on appeal. Hank persuaded the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit to adopt the “stream of commerce plus” test for personal jurisdiction
- In a case under the Visual Artists Rights Act of 1990, forced the entry of a consent decree, judgment, and permanent injunction against a defendant who infringed the client’s rights in certain cast glass sculptures
- Representation of the world’s largest independent oil refinery and other trademark owners in the successful prosecution of numerous cybersquatting claims before the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Representation of an independent record label in connection with the unlawful use by a defendant record label of our client’s registered and unregistered trademarks in the keyword meta tags on the defendant’s websites
- Representation of architects, builders and home buyers in various matters involving copyright protection in architectural plans and architectural works
- Pre-litigation resolution of copyright infringement allegations made against client for utilizing software in which putative plaintiff claimed to own copyright interests. Hank was able to demonstrate that the subject source code was not protectable and in the public domain
- Resolved a $15 million lawsuit brought against a music industry client within weeks of the case being filed. The client paid nothing to settle the case, and the plaintiffs released all of their claims against the client
Some of the clients for whom Hank has provided representation and legal services include:
Contact the Fasthoff Law Firm Today
With more than 23 years of experience representing clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to celebrities to small business owners and entrepreneurs, the Fasthoff Law Firm is able to guide clients through the perils and pitfalls of litigation. Contact the Fasthoff Law Firm, a commercial litigation and business litigation firm with offices in Houston and The Woodlands, to learn more about how the law applies to your particular factual situation, and determine whether the firm may be able to assist your business.
Hank is AV-rated (highest) by Martindale-Hubbell, is a Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney by Texas Super Lawyers®, was ranked for five consecutive years as a Texas Super Lawyers® Rising Star in the fields of Entertainment and Intellectual Property, and has been ranked from 2013-present by US News & World Reports’ Best Lawyers® Litigation – Intellectual Property Litigation.